Air fryer chicken drumsticks! This air fried chicken legs recipe is easy and quick. The skin is crispy and the inside tender and delicious. It makes use of a few ingredients, it’s well seasoned and makes a great side or main dish. Learn how to cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer.
It’s another chicken recipe today and it’s the best air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe! I love chicken drumsticks and this is well seasoned, juicy, and flavorful like my oven baked chicken drumsticks . The advantage of this recipe over the oven-baked one is that this cooks in lesser time.
This air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe cooks in just 20 minutes which is less than half the time it takes the oven-baked recipe so if you need to get food quickly on the table and have an air fryer, you should be making this. Let me show you how to air fry drumsticks.
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
This air fryer chicken legs recipe does not require many ingredients. All you need is chicken and about 5 pantry ingredients.
The chicken drumsticks are flavourful, it has crispy skin just like frying with fewer calories.
The cooking process is simple, you only just need to season, marinate and air fry and you get flavorful air fried chicken drumsticks.
What more? you don’t have to watch over the air fryer and it’s easy to clean when done cooking.
Ingredients for Air fryer Chicken Drumsticks
The detailed ingredients list, directions and video is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Oil- vegetable, olive oilor sunflower oil or cooking spray.
How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks in air fryer
Pat chicken drumsticks dry with a kitchen towel. Add the chicken in a bowl then add the paprika, parsley, oregano, onion powder, black pepper, garlic granules, and salt. Mix and cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave to marinate for 10- 30 minutes.
Add the chicken in the air fryer basket and bake at a temperature of 180C for 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the chicken so all sides are golden browned and crispy.
When done, bring out of the air fryer and serve.
Serve and enjoy perfect air fried chicken drumsticks with any side of your choice.
What to eat with chicken drumsticks
How to Store
Leave to cool completely and put in an airtight container, you can then store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat in the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
To reheat in the oven, place chicken on an oven tray and bake at a temperature of 170C for 15 minutes or till heated through.
For reheating in the air fryer, arrange chicken in the air fryer basket and bake at a temperature of 180C for 4 minutes or till heated through.
To reheat in the microwave, microwave on high settings for 2 minutes or till heated through.
- Marinate the chicken 30-60 minutes prior to cooking if possible.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Arrange chicken in a single file and not on top of each other.
- Toss chicken drumsticks in sauces like bbq sauce, buffalo sauce, or any sauce of your choice.
Other Simple Chicken Recipes on the blog
If you like this recipe, rate it and leave a comment below. Don’t forget to use the share button below and share it on social media. Also, subscribe to the blog for notifications of new recipes and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for the latest updates.
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer
- 1 kg (2lb) Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic granules
- 5 g Bouillon cube optional
- Pat chicken drumsticks dry with a kitchen towel. Add the chicken in a bowl then add the paprika, parsley, oregano, onion powder, black pepper, garlic granules, and salt. Mix and cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave to marinate for 10- 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken in the air fryer basket and bake at a temperature of 180C for 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the chicken so all sides are golden browned and crispy.
- When done, bring out of the air fryer. Serve and enjoy perfect air fried chicken drumsticks with any side of your choice.